Monday, January 9, 2012

Chug Less.


As I was swiftly chugging down a nice cup of my hot cocoa and caramel macchiato concoction, I suddenly realized the absurdity of what I was doing—why in the world am I rushing?!
Why am I chugging the contents of this mug as if it’s gone like yesterday?
I stopped, and actually indulged in the moment between me and my hot drink. And it was delicious. (not to mention that my stomach will thank me later for not chugging the rest of it down).
I’m a planner. A worrier. A choleric who wishes she was more sanguine and carefree. An “I should be doing something productive with my life” kinda girl. Yes, it is stressful.
But I’m thankful for the little thing inside of me that reminded me that I don’t have to rush all the time. I don’t have to run a marathon and be first place every day of my life. Praise the Lord. I’m sure it was Him who reminded me.
I need to learn to drink slower, laugh more, and worry less. Now…back to my drink. J

1 comment:

  1. Tienes todo la razón! I always find myself rushing to do things even when I'm not in a hurry. If there is one thing living in South America is trying to teach me its just that, slow down and enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete